Welcome Anonymous!  [ logout ]
HOME FORUMS DOWNLOADS LINKS ACCOUNT

Forum Index   |  Search   |  Usergroups   |  Edit your profile   |  Members   |  Login, Check Messages
Ranks   |  Staff   |  Statistics   |  Board Rules   |  Forum FAQ   |  Log in

Search for at
http://www.snipergamerselite.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
The new C.O.C Suggestions (Members Only) slackersuaris 33 Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 pm
JAMMER1 View latest post
Website renew time! General (Members Only) slackersuaris 1 Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:19 pm
ghostshadow View latest post
The Sn][per Group server Donations General WarhammerTX 3 Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:07 pm
York View latest post
Hey all General Cobrason 0 Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm
Cobrason View latest post
World of tanks General slackersuaris 3 Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 am
slackersuaris View latest post
Hello my good people from an Sn][per from a past life General hawcer 0 Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:49 pm
hawcer View latest post

New vid card NEED HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://www.snipergamerselite.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{Sn][per}SnEaK
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:03 am Post subject: No icon New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

Ok guys here is one of the most heated topics going right now from what I read AMD or NVidia I just upgraded my ram today (16 Gb Corsair Vengeance) so everything will be strong in my PC EXCEPT my GPU (currently an AMD Sapphire 5870) There are 2 cards I have in mind right now and I cant find a straight answer ANYWHERE on the web I am considering the R9 290X (AMDs "TOP END") and the GTX 780 Ti (Nvidias "TITAN KILLER") I would really appreciate ANY and ALL feedback from you guys as I know many of you and respect your knowledge as I have been out of the game (pc wise) for some time and on a second note which manufacturers would you recommend. For NVidia I an thinking EVGA OR ASUS but as far as AMD goes I am not sure perhaps another Sapphire?
York
Sysops
Sysops
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

Stay away from Nvidia....BF4 is optimized and made for AMD/ATI cards......I run a HD 7970 and get 130-150 fps all day on ultra settings..But if you are an Nvidia fanboy then best of luck with that shit.....

Talk to Necro...He'd have the best input for you...He would have the best advice since he builds PC's for a living...He built my rig and Vypers rig and they both are BEASTS!!!

Just one of the 3 Amigo's
{Sn][per}SnEaK
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

My Rig this far is as follows
Asus P8P67 DELUXE Rev 3.0 MoBo
Intel i7 2600K @ 3.4 GHz
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
AMD Saphire 5870 1 GB DDR5
Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W PSU
Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Enclosure
Creative X-Fi EXTREME Music
2x 500GB WD Black Edition Sata HDDs
Note above the ONLY weak point (in my opinion) is the GPU
Again in my opinion am myself the proud owner of an absolute BEAST once she gets a graphic card upgrade
Sponsor
nECrO
Site Admin
Site Admin
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

Depending on your budget, I have included a list. I have nothing against Nvidia but since the game is optimized for AMD and the coming Mantle support for AMD cards that's the way I would roll. All prices are approximate.

R9 290X $550

R9 290  $400

R9 280X $300

R9 270X $220

The 270X and 280X are rebranded 7000 series cards. If you can swing it the best deal is the 290 (Non X) It is slightly faster than an Nvidia 780 and $100 less. It is also appox 95% of the performance of the 290X.

{Sn][per}SnEaK
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:06 am Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys will be doing a ton more research before I lock on to one but all the advice is much apreciated
CaptDuPage

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

I run a MSI Radeon HD 7870 and get 200 fpd in BFBC2 and around 150 in BF4, except that the card was running hot on the Ultra settings, so I set them to just high.  Now I get 180 fps in BFBC2 and 125 fps in BF4 with temps way down from before.  Temps are now around 75c instead of 105c.

I'm not particular to AMD/ATI cards. I have used NVIDA in the past and have found both to perform well.  

The reason I bought the current ATI card is one of price.  I found it on sale for $169 + $20 rebate for a grand total of $149.  Of course I have to wait, if it ever comes, for the rebate.  Wink

Sponsor
slackersuaris
Server Admin
Server Admin
Sysops
Sysops
{Sn][per} Member
{Sn][per} Member

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:06 am Post subject: No icon Re: New vid card NEED HELP Reply with quote

I got a evga gtx 760 going to add another one I can play at ultra settings and do a cool 60-80 fps on my system Just added more system ram and oc the card a touch. Card was 250. Glad I put a huge power supply in my game rig!!!

Funny part that bf4 techs said geforce was better then AMD

http://bf4central.com/2013/08/best-graphics-cards-for-battlefield-4/

FUCKING DICE/EA lol!

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.snipergamerselite.com Forum Index ->  Tech Talk Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: